If your son or daughter is planning on college, then he/she and you will likely have at least one college entrance exam in your future. Yesterday, we offered ACT/SAT study tools. Today, we have some suggestions for you.
It’s important for your child to do well on the tests. After all, a good score will help him/her get accepted at a good school and may even be tied to scholarships.
While your son or daughter will be the one taking the test, there are things you can do to help him/her prepare.
Encourage your son or daughter to:
- Take the official practice test for the SAT, which is called the PSAT.
- Visit the SAT resources provided by the CollegeBoard
- Take the practice ACT test
- Retake either test if he/she isn’t happy with the results
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before the test
- Eat a good breakfast the morning of the exam (oatmeal or eggs) and have a snack ready during break time.