In less than a month – yes, time really does fly – you’ll be starting college, meeting new people and making new friends. However, thanks to social media, you can get a start on that right now.
- Chat with your fellow incoming freshman online. After all, you’re all excited about getting to campus.
- Share a few details that reflect your personality.
- Start a conversation by asking where your classmates are from, what their majors are, what music they like, what they like to do in their spare time, and what extracurricular activities they plan to participate in when they get to campus.
- Pay attention to spelling, grammar and punctuation in your posts.
- Keep your posts short.
- Share too much.
- Be offensive.
- Post political or religious content.
- Criticize anyone in the group because people will judge you.
- Send everyone a friend request. You don’t want to scare off any of your classmates. Plus, it’ll look kinda creepy.
- Flirt with people you hope may be a partner when you get to campus.
- Use smiley faces, all caps or bad grammar. You may be taken the wrong way if you do.