For the last couple of weeks we’ve been writing about tips on how you can succeed in college. Last week, we wrote about how to get the most out of your textbooks. Today’s topic: the course syllabus, which is kind of like a contract you will have with the professor of each course.
Pay particular attention to:
- the contact information for your professor so you know when and how to reach him or her if you need to.
- what you will need for the class, including the textbook
- when and where the class will meet
- the grading scale so you can keep track of your grades throughout the semester
- the class policies, including the attendance policy
- assignments and their due dates